Would you like to get a sneak preview of one of the most creative new food businesses to open in Milwaukee? Do you like to explore new cuisines and learn new tricks for the kitchen?
This is your chance! Come celebrate KASANA’s grand opening with this introductory series of cooking demonstration classes. Each of the classes will be different, with a new chef and a new set of recipes every week, but the overall theme for the series is: “Flavors from Home.” We have asked the guest chefs to think of the tastes and aromas that fill their memories when they reminisce on their first favorite foods, and these sentimental favorites will be recreated just for you. Each item will be paired with a tasting of wine or beer, to add to the tasting experience.
This set of cooking classes brings you six unique examples of how food connects us with our pasts and our futures, and how it enriches a memory so it will last a lifetime in our senses. You won’t want to miss even one!
Classes take place every Monday night from 6:00 to 9:00, October 22nd until November 26th. Package deals available!
- October 29th – Shalanna Wright (Wisconsin/Food Service Manager, Educator, Owner of QL’s Catering)
- November 5th – Nate Hamilton (Wisconsin/Chef at Harvest Restaurant in Madison)
- November 12th – Gregory Leon (San Francisco and Venezuela/Chef and Consultant)
- November 19th – Caroline Carter and Shenita Ray (Milwaukee/Raw Foods Instructors, Consultants, Writers, and Producers, Owner of Caroline’s Raw World)
- November 26th – Yollande Deacon (Cameroon, West Africa/Owner of Afro-Fusion Cuisine and Spices)
- December 3rd – Ana Docta (Brazil and Argentina/Owner of KASANA)
Regular ticket price:
$140 for 2
$300 for 6 – come for the whole series and save!
Schedule subject to change. Please contact KASANA at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 414-224-6158 for more information.